Call Today: 434-654-8920
About Dr. Vastine
Dr. Vastine is a plastic surgeon specializing in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. She has a special interest in breast and body procedures. She is board certified in both plastic surgery and general surgery and has been practicing in Charlottesville, VA, since 1998. In April 2012, her practice became Martha Jefferson Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery. She sees patients in her office on Peter Jefferson Parkway, where she does facial injections and minor procedures. She performs surgery at Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital and Sentara Martha Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center. Originally from Texas, Dr. Vastine completed both her undergraduate and medical degrees at Texas A&M University. She completed a six-year general surgery residency at the University of California, San Diego where she served as chief resident. This included a research year during which she looked at the role of biofilm in breast implant associated complications. Finally, she came to Charlottesville for her plastic surgery residency, completing a two-year training program at the University of Virginia. During this time her clinical research focused on body contouring procedures.
Balancing a busy work life with an equally busy home life, Dr. Vastine and her husband are raising four children here in Charlottesville. She enjoys the challenges provided by a rigorous surgery practice as well as the opportunities it affords her to find creative solutions for each patient’s unique issues and concerns.
Dr. Vastine is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Inc. and the Fellow American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Vastine is actively involved in healthcare leadership at local, regional, and national levels. She advocates on behalf of patients to improve access and quality of care. She is currently the president of the Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Chair, ASPS Bylaws Committee
- Vice-Chair, Women’s Plastic Surgeons Steering Committee
- Member, Legislative Action Committee
- Graduate of ASPS Pathways to Leadership Program, 2008
- Past Member, Leadership Development Committee
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- Virginia Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Medical Society of Virginia
- Member, Legislative Committee
Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Vice president of the MJH Medical Staff
- Chair, Medical Executive Committee
- Chair, Physician Performance Improvement Committee
- Vice-Chair, Credentials Committee
- Member, OR Leadership Committee
- Member, Physician Advisory Group
- Member, OR Committee, OR Block Subcommittee
- Voting Member Sentara System Clinical Leadership Council
- Chief, Plastic Surgery Section
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center; Member, Clinical Operations Committee
- Voted Best Plastic Surgeon by Charlottesville Family Favorites Award: 2013, 2014
- Voted Best Plastic Surgeon by CVille Readers: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
- Voted Best Cosmetic Surgeon by Daily Progress Readers: 2007, 2006, 2005